On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 09:55 -0700, johnjbarton wrote:
> On 4/4/2010 10:41 PM, Daniel Veditz wrote:
> > On 4/3/10 9:30 AM, johnjbarton wrote:
> >> If the *users* of Firefox are truly in jeopardy, then this alert should
> >> be provided to *users*. Since this alert is not shown to users I can
> >> only assume that in fact there is no practical threat here. You're
> >> putting this message in the Error Console because you can.
> >
> > We plan on alerting users in a future update. This is fair warning
> > to server operators and those who are debugging their sites.
>
> If this is a real threat don't users deserve a fair warning now?

I fully agree!  If users are vulnerable now, they should be warned now,
(bug 535649 comment #15).  The counterargument (comment #24) is that
showing the broken SSL UI for almost all sites will "quickly
neutraliz[e] the awareness/protection it might offer", but I think my
proposal for a yellow Larry button (comment #62) partially addresses
this concern.

--
Matt