As a non-Firefox/non-HTTP consumer of NSS, I'd like to see an NSS API flag indicating a cipher suite is retained for backwards compatibility but considered inferior by cryptographic community standards at the time the NSS library was built.

A. is unacceptable because it breaks copy/paste of URLs

B. For UI, I'd suggest a ? over the padlock rather than a red bar. The community believes RC4 may be vulnerable to high-skill attackers and is likely to become more vulnerable to other attackers over time. That's questionable security, not no security. It's still a lot better than unencrypted (which is what you get if you remove RC4 prematurely).

C. The "https" URI scheme specifies the protocol not the policy so it technically does not imply the connection is or will be secure. But I agree this is non-obvious to at least some users and prefer option B.

Regardless, I think NSS should provide the flag, and Firefox can design the UI.

                - Chris