On 25 Sep 2015, at 10:36, helpcrypto helpcrypto <helpcry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope you can find a solution for my problem, cause I can't. (And perhaps
> it's impossible)

> Based on my knowledge of PKCS#11 standard, the spec is exposed to a MITM
> attack that steals the PIN when an application invokes C_Login against a
> PK#11 library.
> Sadly, using Pinpads is out of scope/beyond our possibilities.

This won’t solve your problem directly - but may still be useful (especially as
I am guessing that as you are CC-ing the Mozilla list - that you are concerned
with browsers).

One way we got things this to pass munster was to carefully make a
threatmap/actor analysies - and then meet the various compliance & infosec
expectations was by 1) dispensing with the PIN and 2) having a `what you know’
as part of the interaction through the browser (only).

As this concerned access to something which was only accessible through the
browser - we essentially argued that if one where able to manipulate the local
browser/keyboard/system to such an extent as to be able to capture the PIN near
the PKCS library/driver  - one would almost most certainly be able to get `at’
whatever the chipcard & pin where protecting `in’ the browser.

Dw