Github user glitch commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/289

    Ok a brief update.  For the transitive dependencies, this is what adding
jersey-bean-validation brings along based on `mvn dependency:tree`
    [INFO] +- org.glassfish.jersey.ext:jersey-bean-validation:jar:2.25.1:compile
    [INFO] |  +- org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:jar:5.1.3.Final:compile
    [INFO] |  |  +- org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:jar:3.1.3.GA:compile
    [INFO] |  |  \- com.fasterxml:classmate:jar:1.0.0:compile
    [INFO] |  +- javax.el:javax.el-api:jar:2.2.4:compile
    [INFO] |  \- org.glassfish.web:javax.el:jar:2.2.4:compile

    I was able to get some basic unit testing set up on the REST endpoints
testing for validation.  You can see that here:
https://github.com/glitch/accumulo/commit/403b2adc2c6569eff6415ba6a64a2d95eb6f68d5

    The annotation based constraints on parameters actually works pretty
nicely.  As of now, failing a constraint will return a 400 response with a
pretty generic message; however, there is the ability to tailor the
like here:

https://github.com/glitch/accumulo/commit/2e010deb8f40e9c6476ae4890d0b8de84c7f4274

    I'm going to add some more unit testing and will merge those changes into
the current pull-request.

---
with INFRA.
---