Thanks Mike, those are great answers! They don't even have to be the final
answers, but I'm really happy to see that the migration path has been
thought about.

I disagree with you about the criticality of security issues and how we
handle them, but we can run a "fire drill" during the trial to fully
develop the process.

If you're volunteering to write a migration script using rest APIs (or
perhaps one already exists) then that addresses the last of my concerns to
starting a trial.
Obviously I'd consider completion and testing of the script a requirement
to completing the switch, but that's still a ways off.

Consider me officially onboard with running a trial.

Mike