Sorry for the top-post.

I really appreciate the numbered list below, Keith. Specifically the answers to #1 and #4 make me very happy.

I think #5 needs some a little more concrete (IMO, you should just decide what it should be).

#6 +1 to a message to private, this is how Apache general requests this be done).

While I can appreciate your stance on #3 and I think I would not call it a blocker either, this is probably something worth the 15-30 minutes of investigation. Sean/Mike may feel more strongly than I do. Learning from others, even if it just dropping an email to dev@spark directly to ask the question goes a long way..