That was my expectation on how it would work

My +1 was the idea of moving the Tracer to a separate service and having clear instructions for how users get back to the current functionality (how these two repositories get deployed), *before* it's removed from core Accumulo.

This is because of the very clear testimony from a user about useful the feature was to them.