I had a quick chat with infra. The only two options to close a PR are "This closes #..." or open a ticket. I doubt a new option will be available anytime soon. Opening a ticket sounds a bit overkill to me.

I am ok with empty "This closes #..." on master or other branch, kind of neutral actually, I don't think it matters that much, even master is ok. Any strong opinions?

I would recommend a comment like: "This closes #xxx. Won't fix".

Cheers,
Hadrian