On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:55 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:33 PM Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I thought about that, create a fake branch for fake commits...
>>
>> I just didn't like it, that's why i didn't suggest it.
>
> Curious as to why.  The permanent record's in the email threads.

Let me rephrase it.

In order of preference:

I - to be able to close the PR with a close button. (not possible
probably), but it would be the best option.
II - open a fake branch (name it rejected-PRs or whatever you like,
the name is not important now), and commit empty commits on it.
III - the empty commit on master. (I don't like it for aesthetics
reasons.. probably my OCD).
IV - call infra guys. (I would rather not do it since they are already
busy with other things)

> And yes, I suspect this is more of an activemq classic issue, since it
> seems to be a target of drive by "let me increase my pull request count"

I would just say we have a good workflow around Pull requests :)