@Clebert
I think jms spec defines or cares how it should serialize especially over the
wire, this is left to implementation, just that class should be serializable.
This is just implementation detail, keeping to the api method spec, so doesnt
need a new jms type.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Clebert Suconic
<clebert.suco...@gmail.com> Date: 25/05/2018  21:10  (GMT+00:00) To:
dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: Custom serialization mechanism for
ActiveMQMessages
When you talk about serialization, you're talking about ObjectMessages
or there's something else you have in mind?

What about add a custom new JMSType to the type you choose.

Also. I believe this could be a nice point to bring up to JakartaEE. a
new ObjectType with pluggable serialization would be a nice addition.

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 4:06 PM, michael.andre.pearce
<michael.andre.pea...@me.com> wrote:
> Ill resend back a new pr with this support next week if there is renewed
> interest.
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> -------- Original message --------From: "michael.andre.pearce"
> <michael.andre.pea...@me.com> Date: 25/05/2018  20:40  (GMT+00:00) To:
> dev@activemq.apache.org Cc: Martin Ross <m.r...@tmcbonds.com> Subject: Re:
> Custom serialization mechanism for ActiveMQMessages
> Here is original thread on this
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Custom-Object-Serialisation-Support-tt4726741.html#a4727019
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> -------- Original message --------From: "michael.andre.pearce"
> <michael.andre.pea...@me.com> Date: 25/05/2018  20:37  (GMT+00:00) To:
> dev@activemq.apache.org Cc: Martin Ross <m.r...@tmcbonds.com> Subject: Re:
> Custom serialization mechanism for ActiveMQMessages
> We ended up putting that code here
>
> https://github.com/JMSComponents/custom-serdes-jms
> After some lengthy debates on chat, but be great if we are looking to re add
> back

Clebert Suconic