So our one in our org is avro.
This is about enabling users to choose their own.
Java serialisation is one of the worst for comparibility but annoyingly the
default. And one of the worst perfomance wise.
This is why its so good to provide this customisation, as users anyhow many
time do their own, be it json, avro, thrift of the object. Just clunky
currently.
Look at the success here of Kakfa with this flexibilty. Thus why ability to set
a custom serialiser at factory level would be so useful.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Arthur Naseef <a...@amlinv.com> Date:
25/05/2018  22:34  (GMT+00:00) To: dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: Custom
serialization mechanism for ActiveMQMessages
Just a thought that I hope helps...

Please be careful about serialization and deserialization of objects.  Lots
of security issues arise when using object serialization/deserialization in
practice.  Also, compatibility issues creep up.

Sending a text format over the wire, such as JSON, is typically the best
way to go all around.  There are lots of packages which provide easy
conversion between JSON and model objects (in many programming languages).

Art