On Mon, 18 May 2020 at 17:26, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.13.0 release.
>

> This release will include these features:
>
> [ARTEMIS-2666] - Add management for duplicate ID cache
> [ARTEMIS-2726] - Implement min/max expiry-delay
> [ARTEMIS-2738] - Implement per-acceptor security domains
> [ARTEMIS-2739] - Artemis health check tool
> [ARTEMIS-2758] - Support disabling metrics per address
> [ARTEMIS-2761] - Supporting QUOTED-IDS on expressions to align with qpid-jms
>
> There was a significant improvement in AMQP. With a recent fix in Flow
> control combined with previous changes in scheduling, Performance in
> AMQP is significant fast to any previous version. I personally spent
> time on profiling AMQP and the server does not show much fat to cut on
> processing, which means.. that's really fast.
>
> AMQP is a serious contender to even Artemis Core protocol.
>
> The release notes is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12348088
>
> The git commit report is here:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.13.0
>

> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.13.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1209
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.13.0
>

> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here's my +1

+1 (non-binding)

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in archives.
- Verified licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check -DskipLicenseCheck=false"
- Ran the source build and then the AMQP related integration tests with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.*
test"
- Ran Qpid JMS master HelloWorld against a broker started using the
binary archive.

Robbie