Hi,

Of course a discussion is always welcome.

To answer to your first question:

1. Alpine is fine IMHO for ActiveMQ (lighter).
2. Java 8 for ActiveMQ 5.15.x, Java 11 based image for ActiveMQ 5.16.x+
3. The ActiveMQ Jira is there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AMQ/issues/AMQ-7229?filter=allopenissues

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AMQ/issues/AMQ-7229?filter=allopenissues>
I can create a component Docker on Jira.

IMHO, the docker image should use env variables to pass configuration (in
activemq.xml), and we should provide README.md with some important information
(I’m thinking the filesystem to use on some cloud provider, like EFS on AWS,
etc).
By the way, I also have a Dockerfile for my production system (on Azure and
AWS).

Regards
JB