I will take a look at the Kubernetes approach and get back to this thread.

We had a discussion with Daniel yesterday and we are both concerned about
> all the overhead for people like us who work on all three "entities" at the
> same time. Even just explaining how to work with Pull Requests and in what
> sequence those PRs would have to be opened and merged in case of changes
> that are spanning across several "entities" - was a challenge. I was unable
> to clearly explain the sequence and way of reviewing/merging the PRs that
> will have to be made if we have submodules. This is a bad sign as I was
> using submodules in the past and know how it works but I was unable to
> explain it clearly.

We don't even need submodules tbh. We can just use Bash Script that pulls a
pinned Helm Chart version.
We only need Helm chart to run integration test for k8s (atleast for now).
We already use tons of Bash scripts.

One of the important benefits of separation that changes in one component
should not need change in other component, atleast
not immediately.

Changes in Helm chart and Docker file should never need changes in Airflow
Changes in Airflow should only ever need a change in Dockerfile and Helm
Chart after a new version is released.

I just had a talk with Daniel too and still didn't find a good enough
reason to have them in the same repo.

I will definitely look at the Kubernetes approach (maybe it is better) and
get back to this thread. But as of now I don't see any major PROs
for having them in the same repo.

Regards,
Kaxil