From: Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauche...@gmail.com>
Sent: 14 October 2016 17:02
To: dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Airflow Logging

Another consideration is for configuration as code in `settings.py`
in-place or in conjunction with `airflow.cfg` to allow more dynamic
configuration, like passing your own custom log handler[s]. Many folks at
the meetup (including Airbnb) spoke about their intent to ship the logging
to Kibana and/or other logging backend.

Side note about `airflow.cfg` vs `settings.py`: it would be great to move
completely away from the cfgs for Airflow 2.0. It turns out that Python's
ConfigParser may be one of the worst module in the standard library and the
cfg not-so-standard standard isn't great. We have many instances where we
allow for people to pass objects or function as configuration parameters
anyways, so let's keep the whole configuration in one place!

Max