Hey folks,

I just had a call with Benjamin and we talked about the ability to integrate
annotator into getmemex.com <http://getmemex.com/>
Right now we use the Hypothes.is <http://hypothes.is/> library but it is
causing us some troubles (mainly the ram usage for hooking it into each tab)

But also we are about to start the development of the Pocket-style
offline-reader for desktop and mobile on which we want to also integrate
annotation capabilities.
This means there is an anticipated use case where people annotate on a
reader-version and want to see the annotations also successfully anchored on a
live html page. Annotating a reader-version will be missing a lot of details
usually used for anchoring the annotations, so the challenge would be to make
those interoperable with Apache Annotator.

So the questions I have:
1. How mature is Annotator in terms of its ability to replace the hypothesis
annotation library? What still needs to be done (and how much work for that?
Where do you need help?)
2. How much work do you anticipate for a replacement?
3. What do you think will be the challenges to get Apache Annotator work on
both a reader and a full-html version?

I’ve been looking forward to find a way to collaborate so hopefully this time
is the time!
Cheers
Oliver