> Le 14 juin 2017 à 05:22, J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> There’s been some good progress on reviving the Ivy project (thanks Nicolas
> and Jan for helping out with the reviews and merging PRs) and we seem to be
> moving towards a state where the release is a possibility. The other project
> IvyDE (the Eclipse plugin) however needs a bit more push I think.
>
> I am not a Eclipse user nor do I have any experience with plugin development,
> so there’s not much I can contribute on that front. However, there has been
> an external community member whose team(?) seemed to be interested in
> contributing to that plugin and in fact seem to have built some features on
> top of the current state of the plugin, in their own fork. They even proposed
> the contribution on the mailing list[1]. I suggested they raise a PR (to make
> it easier for review), but haven’t heard back. Given that and things in
> general, do we have someone who has experience of the code base plus Eclipse
> plugins who can help review that code? Furthermore, is there anything else
> the user has to do (like signing some CLA) for that contribution?

For a patch, due to its form, sending to the community a request for change, it
is implied that it is a donation to the ASF with proper copyrights, so it is
OK. I might be an issue if a contribution is only declared to be elsewhere («
look at my branch on github»). Sending a patch via email, jira or a PR is
considered OK.
And the CLA is mainly for the people directly contributing.

> I think in general, do we have someone experienced with the plugin who can
> look at some of the IvyDE open JIRA issues/enhancements and decide which ones
> to fix in the upcoming release and make sure things work fine with the
> proposed Ivy release itself?

As for Ivy, I am volunteering to apply patches. For what to release, when, how,
I am relying on the community to drive it.

There is one topic that I will probably push though, on both Ivy and IvyDE; and
the site: migrating to asciidoc. The migration I have wrote took me some time
and is a kind of big hack. So the sooner the migration will be done, the sooner
contributing documentation will be easier.

Nicolas