> I really don't believe we want to migrate more than 20 years

For reference, the first bug in JMeter was filed on 2003, and we look
forward
to migrating all the ~5K bugs to GitHub issues.
LLVM moved from Bugzilla to GitHub a year ago (50K bugs since 2003)

>When working on Ant I barely ever interact with github at all

I'm afraid it is vice versa for many Ant users.
They browse code (including Ant code) in GitHub,
and they would likely use GitHub PRs (Ant PRs and PRs for the other
projects).

It is inconvenient to require Bugzilla login for the sole purpose of filing
an issue.
It is inconvenient that search over bugs is disconnected from search over
code.
If bugs are migrated to GitHub, then a single GitHub search would work for
everything: code, issues, PRs

>Marking something as a duplicate of a different issue in
>Bugzilla wouldn't work

I suggest migrating all the bugs, so for every bug there will be a
corresponding issue,
 and you will be able to reference any of the previous issues.

GitHub does support "duplicate issues and PRs" references:
https://docs.github.com/en/issues/tracking-your-work-with-issues/marking-issues-or-pull-requests-as-a-duplicate

>Bugzilla history that is referenced in commit messages

It is not much different from migrating from SVN to Git.
The old code was in SVN, and now it is in Git.
Same for issues: Bugzilla would still be available (read-only).
Every bug will point to the corresponding GitHub issue, so old links would
still work.
The users would open either issue directly, or they would find a link to
Bugzilla, and open GitHub from there.

I do not think it is worth rewriting all the documentation and updating
Bugzilla links to GitHub.
However, I think it would help contributors if the issues are co-located
with code at GitHub.

Vladimir