Hi Curtis,

no, there is no specification available. Only the existing online help and the docu in the DevGuide. When you find bugs in both kind of documentation, you can easy help us by submitting an issue for the problem.

The Community will owe it to you

Juergen

Curtis Clauson wrote:
Stephan Wunderlich wrote:

Hi Curtis,

Is there a complete specification for the OOo Basic language?

For OOo Basic you can just press F1 when you are in the Basic-IDE.
For the OOo-API take a look at http://api.openoffice.org/ where you will find the

idl-reference:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html

and the Developers Guide:
http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html

Hope that helps

Regards

Stephan

Thanks for the attempt. Unfortunately the Basic IDE help files are both incomplete and full of error, the IDL reference is for the API and bindings, and not for the OOo Basic language, and the Developers Guide is out-of-date, incomplete, and is not a specification for the OOo Basic language.

An an example: None of these references mention that you can use the user defined type keyword "Type" for compound data. There are a lot of omissions like this, and I am hoping to find the OOo Basic language specification upon which the interpreter implementation is based so that I don't burn man-hours on FAQs and guides built only on experimentation and guesswork.