Absolutely Jürgen,

as you know there are others that don't have much time, as well :(.
I also have the strong feeling of wanting to have one place where useful macros, that are asked a whole lot on oooforum.org periodically, are listed. Right now it seems like pieces can be found here and there, lying scattered around, which is confusing to many people, because they usually don't know all those sites.
This feeling gets stronger and stronger because I try to help people on oooforum but very often it's the same questions that are asked and I feel like a coffee machine producing the same coffee every single day.
<quote>
The upcoming MS Office Developer Studio will come with a bunch of code snippets for often used API's.
</quote>
Is there someone here that will get this Studio or already has it? I think we could all gain from the competitor what kind of snippets they have.

Finally, I think UNO and OO API are very powerful "buildings" and one of the main strengths of the OpenOffice suite giving users an immense possibility of programmatic control - let's omit menu control right now - and in my opinion the OO API is far ahead of the MS Office API. Thus it's even more important to show the real strengths of OO to the people out there that think of switching to OpenOffice or that will be impressed by how much automation can be put into OpenOffice.

Best Regards
Christian Junker

Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

we have started some time ago with our code snippet base where Tom Schindle did a great work and also Paolo Mantovani who created the code snippet wizard.
I would like to invite all of you to submit code snippets for often used API's or often asked questions. I think it so important to have a good base of code snippets which helps people to solve their problems fast or simple get started. I have promised that i will submit one snippet per week and i must apologize that i haven't reached my personal goal but i will work on it when i have time ;-)

The upcoming MS Office Developer Studio will come with a bunch of code snippets for often used API's. Everything is well integrated and the user have only to click here and there, fill in some gaps (controlled navigation from gap to gap) and has then a working macro.
We will probably not reach this kind of IDE integration but we can provide a good code snippet base. And of course it is possible to take this code snippets, convert them all to Java for example and create an extension for NetBeans or Eclipse. Any volunteers here?

- Juergen