Hi,

please forget my earlier posting, it was to early in the morning and i have run a wrong test. But after discussion with Stephan who has investigated in this problem yesterday, it is clear that it is an implementation problem and no general UNO or API problem (see comments in the issue).

This kind of problems can be reported simply by submitting a bug even when you have an example to reproduce the problem (please complete examples). This general discussion/question "How stable is the API" is more confusing than it helps.

Thanks Juergen

Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

i did the same test in StarBasic. I did it 1000000 and the office didn't crashed. I recognized only that the memory increased a little bit. We will do further tests in a remote scenario (Java and C++) to find out what is going wrong.

Juergen

Mathias Bauer wrote:

Andreas Bröker wrote:

Hello Martin,

we have made a simple test programm that uses the XCellRange
interface of an XTextTable in order to return a cell range in a loop.
That is enough in order to crash OpenOffice.org.

While this is something that should be investigated I doubt that you can
draw any general conclusions about API stability from the usage of one
or a few particular interfaces or methods.

A very probable explanation for the crash is that the implementation you
called in your test program has a bug. As long as this isn't sorted out
we shouldn't speculate on potential threading problems, general leaks etc.

Can you provide us with a "ready to run" testcase? Then please create an
issue and attach the testing code to it.

Another interesting test would be using OOo Basic or another method to
execute the code (Java or C++) in-process.

Best regards,