Am Donnerstag, den 21.06.2007, 22:20 +0200 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
> See the HSQLDB documentation.

I did and found another interesting topic:

brosing to:
http://hsqldb.org/web/hsqlDocsFrame.html

and selecting "Documentation index" i read:

(direct link: http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch01.html#N101B4 )

<snip>
In-Process (Standalone) Mode

[...]
In 1.8.0, you can run a server instance in a thread from the same
virtual machine as your application and provide external access to your
in-process database.

</snip>

So, besides having to get user, network and database access rights set
up properly it *could* be possible to access the running internal hsqldb
instance of an .odb document.

Thinking about it this might not be very useful, there is no such thing
as a database information service for publishing avaliability and the
database is only active if OO.o is running ... leads to various bad
designed structures.

Viewn from the outside it would be better to have a foreign hsql server
instance use the data zipped into the odb as its data files read on
startup. I think that's what Ray meant in his last mail. Unzipping a
temporary version and starting hsql with that sounds somewhat simple,
only write access would be a real problem then (synchronization,
locking).

Marc