Hello Andreas,

Andreas Schlüns ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
[...]
> You are right ... it's possible ... but I wouldnt do that !

And I totally agree, but I like so much to find this kind of sneaky
tricks in StarBasic :-)

> Why ?
>
> a)
[...]
> b)
> On the other side I believe you can run into trouble with lifetime of
> your basic objects. They are bound to the document ... if it's removed
> from memory your basic bindings are gone ...

My example was contained into a document, but it could be run even from
a shared library.
AFAIK a global variable into a shared library lives for all the ooo session.
Perhaps using global vars for referencing basic objects would make
things safer?

> If you know what are you doing there you can try it ... but at least I
> think it's one for OOo-API-experts .-)

Of course you're right! The next time I'll add:
"PLEASE, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!" :-)

Thanks for the clear and very useful explanation
Paolo Mantovani