Hi Mathias,

> I think that editing of OLE objects (and linked sheets are just a
> variant of them) should stay as they are: while you are editing the
> object, you might be able to undo parts of the editing, but after
> leaving the OLE object all changes made in this session can only be
> undone as a whole. A new API can't remove the intrinsic limitations of
> this concept.

Not sure I'd sign this. Technically, I could imagine the embedded object
adding Undo actions to the Undo manager of the container document
(letting those actions survive/handle the temporary destruction of the
embedded object when it is deactivated is, well, a challenge only, not
an impossibility, I suppose :) ).

Whether this is desired from an UX point of view might be a different
question.

Ciao
Frank