On 16/06/2011 09:52, Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Jun 16, 2011, at 3:30 AM, Fernand Vanrie wrote:

Hal ,

Y ou can set a Dialogcontrol visible or not , but we need a timeloop to keep it
visible
Am I right, then, in assuming that the time loop is there because once that
particular instance of the script terminates, the dialog automatically closes?
i think the time loop keeps the dialog visible and alows to execute other sub's

do a google on "Modal and non Modal dialog in Openoffice" to find more advanced explainations
i use 2 sub's for open and closing

Sub Opendialog
bEnd = false
oDialogcontrol.setvisible(true)
Do
Wait 100  ' keep computer running (should use "wait for key event" if existed)
Loop while not bEnd
end sub

sub CloseDialog(dialog as object)
  dialog.setvisible(false)
  Bend = true
end sub
Will this make the dialog invisible immediately, or as soon as the next loop in
the other routine ends?

Thanks!

This is exactly what I need!

Hal

Hop it Helps
I've mentioned the sticky-note project I'm working on yesterday in two emails.

Now I'm running into a problem: I'd like to display a number of sticky-notes,
but to display any kind of dialog in BASIC, I need to do something like this:

        oSticky = createUnoDialog(DialogLibraries.HalLib.StickyNote)
        oSticky.Execute()

And the program will stop until I close the dialog, either by the close button,
a cancel, or OK, or another button.

That means the only way to have multiple dialogs open is to open one and from
there, open the next, and then open the next and so on.

Is there some way, from BASIC, to display a dialog and leave it open without it
stopping a script?

Thank you!

Hal--