On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 3:51 PM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Interesting.
>
> Not being familiar with the subversion code, it would be helpful to see what
> args
> are being passed to the offending (offended) apr_stat call, so we can
> investigate
> the behavior of APR 1.7.0 (or trunk) further.

Understood. I'll try to dig into this a bit in the coming days.

Since yesterday I have a working subversion build on Windows (I wanted
to sign the svn 1.14.0-rc2 release after all). So I can probably
inject some printf's or try to reproduce it within the debugger to see
what calls we make to apr exactly.

> I had to tweak the logic of the test I presented above to ask a
> getfileinfo-based
> query. Typically, it isn't possible to open a root or directory with
> apr_file_open,
> but there is some hidden logic which could be extended to the public API for
> that purpose, if subversion is trying to rely on apr_file_info_get instead of
> apr_stat. I had to introduce that logic into the test in order to compare
> results
> between the two different code paths. Opening roots are particularly quirky
> because roots can be confusingly accessed as devices or directory entities.

Ack.

--
Johan