hi folks,

Since there have been a number of fairly serious issues (e.g.
ARROW-6060) since 0.14.1 that have been fixed I think we should start
planning of the next major release. Note that we still have some
format-related work (the Flatbuffers alignment issue) that ought to be
resolved (not a small task since it affects 4 or 5 implementations),
but aside from that, is there anything else that has come up that
definitely needs to happen before we can release again?

I would say cutting a release somewhere around the US Labor Day
holiday (~the week after or so) would be called for.

Thanks,
Wes