The Windows wheel issue in 0.14.1 seems to be

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-6015

I think the root cause could be the Windows changes in

https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/223ae744cc2a12c60cecb5db593263a03c13f85a

I would be appreciative if a volunteer would look into what was wrong
with the 0.14.1 wheels on Windows. Otherwise 0.15.0 Windows wheels
will be broken, too

The bad wheels can be found at

https://bintray.com/apache/arrow/python#files/python%2F0.14.1