I'm not for or against this proposal.

I took a few minutes to browse the archives [1]. It seems to me that
the user@ list is working extremely well. People get answers quickly,
problems are converted into JIRA cases, and the discussion often
references existing information sources.

I want to thank all of the community members who answer questions. No
doubt it takes considerable time and effort.

Julian

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?u...@arrow.apache.org