I'd like to check my understanding of the bulk api & relationships....

Let's say I have a database with a table, which contains a few columns. (like
hive)

If the composition relationship is modelled using explicit attributes, I
believe I could  create my entire definition containing multiple of all the
above in a single EntityREST Bulk API request, using negative GUIDs as
placeholders for the entities that are being referenced & created within the
request.

If instead I don't use attributes, but use relationships to define the
composition, I cannot do this, since I need to create all the entities
initially (which could be done in one request) and then, based on the GUIDs
generated, issue  a series of calls to RelationshipREST to define the
relationships (relationships cannot be created as part of the bulk entity api
call)

is my understanding correct? Have I missed anything?

Thanks
Nigel.