On 2018/03/05 23:42:18, Madhan Neethiraj <mad...@apache.org> wrote:

> Entity update will process the relationship attributes specified in
> "AtlasEntity.relationshipAttributes" and update the relationships
> accordingly. If an entity has an attribute in both " attributes" and
> "relationshipAttributes" (like hive_table.columns), then the values specified
> in "attributes" would be ignored; and the entity will be updated for the
> value specified in "relationshipAttributes". Given this, it is possible to
> use 'relationshipAttributes', in the same way as 'attributes'. However,
> considering that relationships are dynamic (i.e. a relationship type can be
> added at runtime) and the entity-update API caller may not know all the
> relationships of an entity-type at compile time, I would think such API
> integration would only deal with attributes directly defined in an
> entity-type.

As a follow-on question, to create some test data, I had been using the REST
API directly, but spent a little time looking at the AtlasClientV2 api. Whilst
I can create types, entities using that API, I noticed there didn't seem a way
to create a relationship - only to get or delete. For client apps relationships
can only be created via REST? Or did I miss something?