Stephan,

So I've managed to run the official Mesos DNS docker container
<https://hub.docker.com/r/mesosphere/mesos-dns/> under the Aurora vagrant
environment and get some SRV/A recorded pulled from Mesos master from
Aurora.

Because Mesos DNS uses 'name' field if set with some string manipulation,
for the job 'vagrant/test/http_example_docker', my prototype generates
these DNS records:

A record: vagranttesthttp-exampled.twitterscheduler.mesos
SRV record: _vagranttesthttp-exampled._tcp.twitterscheduler.mesos.

If we want to make current prototype useful for Mesos DNS, I suggest we
change the name field to job name, which would generate record like:
A: http_example_docker.twitterscheduler.mesos
SRV: _http_example_docker._tcp.twitterscheduler.slave.mesos

I'll update my patch after getting some signal from you. Thanks.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li