From: Zhitao Li <zhitaoli...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2016 03:10
To: dev@aurora.apache.org
Subject: Re: Populate DiscoveryInfo in Mesos

Benjamin,

You are exactly right. The problem is on Mesos DNS side because it has its
own rules of shortening names and replacing dots to other characters.

IMO, relying one generating one "name" which would be useful for all
systems may be idealistic. I like the "label" concept in recent
Mesos/Docker systems, and probably Mesos DNS should take an optional label
to allow its user to customize the behavior, and Aurora could easily adopt
that: e.g. duplicate labels from TaskInfo to DiscoveryInfo.

Right now, the only open sourced project using DiscoveryInfo is Mesos DNS,
so there is not real convention in the community yet.

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li