Hi all,

I had a closer look at the code base.

Most important:
1) I have found these files only in the master branch.
2) I checked both release 1.8.2 and 1.7.7 and in these files are NOT
present in any of those releases. (
So we're ok on this part.

I have found exactly 2 files with this problem:
./lang/java/compiler/src/main/java/org/apache/avro/compiler/schema/SchemaVisitorAction.java
./lang/java/compiler/src/main/java/org/apache/avro/compiler/schema/SchemaVisitor.java

I have found 1 additional commit that touches these two files:

https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/9132015450a2ad6f56cd582b393e8f1b8df573c9

commit 9132015450a2ad6f56cd582b393e8f1b8df573c9
> Author:     Thiruvalluvan M G <th...@startsmartlabs.com>
> AuthorDate: Sun Apr 30 21:02:02 2017 +0530
> Commit:     Thiruvalluvan M G <th...@startsmartlabs.com>
> CommitDate: Sun Apr 30 23:31:29 2017 +0530
>     Added more tests and fixed a couple of bugs. Also formatted the code

In both these files the only changes are:
- Removing the author tag
- Whitespace changes.

See:
https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/9132015450a2ad6f56cd582b393e8f1b8df573c9#diff-d0adffb4097a1e43917fd5c3f2aae1ab