As part of the release we do run the rat plugin.
So it is a highly unlikely this would have been run through a release.
However, changing it now is a great addition since the release manager has
to go through the whole license check for all of the files.
Also, as Sean mentioned anyone who has made any changes to the file after
the addition of the license will also need to be informed of the change to
the license.

Thanks

Suraj