Thanks for bringing this up Michael and an awesome job on the Python part.

I'd suggest stopping releasing the avro-python3, and continue only
releasing the avro package itself: https://pypi.org/project/avro/

This will stop the releases of avro-python3, and in time we can also remove
it from the git repository. The big question is, are we still going to
support Python2 for a while, it is still part of the CI. Supporting only
higher versions of Python, such as 3.6, allows us to use new features, such
as type annotations.

Cheers, Fokko