I think it is important to clarify that the developer documentation
discussed in this thread is of two kinds:

6.1. Documents with proposals and new designs, those covered by the
Beam Improvement Proposal (BEAM-566), and that we need to put with a
single file index (I remember there was a google dir for this but not
sure it is still valid, and in any case probably the website is a
better place for this). Is there any progress on this?

6.2. Documentation about how things work, so new developers can get
into developing features/fixes for the project, those are the kind
that Kenneth/Etienne mention and include Stephen’s IO guide but could
be definitely expanded to include things like how does the different
runner translation works, or some details on triggers/materialization
of panes/windows from the SDK point of view. However the hard part of
this documents is that they should be maintained e.g. updated when the
code evolves so they don’t get outdated as JB mentions.