general +1 to the concept, including driving down
assigned-but-not-actually-being-worked-on items.

I also really like the idea of having a mentor on tickets.

Etienne,  Re: specific help for I/Os - is the I/O Authoring docs not a good
answer? https://beam.apache.org/documentation/io/io-toc/  (or perhaps we
need to update that somehow)