Le 7 janv. 2018 12:53, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <j...@nanthrax.net> a écrit :

Hi Romain,

I guess you are assuming that pipeline options are flat command line like
argument, right ?

Actually, theoretically,  pipeline options can be represented as json,
that's why we use jackson.
The pipeline options can be serialized/deserialized as json.

Yes but if users (or dev ;)) start to use that then it is trivial to break
the cli handling and fromArgs parsing or, if not, break the user
experience. So at the end it is a kind of "yes but no", right?

PS: already see some advanced users having a headache trying to pass
pipeline options in json so using the plain command line syntax can be more
friendly too.

The purpose is to remove the jackson dependencies ?

Later yes, seeing core dep tree I identify a lot of dep which can conflict
in some env and are not really needed or bring much being in the core -
like avro as mentionned in another thread. Can need a sanitizing round.
Short term it was really a "why is it that complicated" ;).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré