We do have a plain command line syntax, and whoever writes the
main(String[]) function is responsible for invoking the parser. It isn't
quite as nice as standard arg parse libraries, but it isn't too bad. It
would be great to improve, though.

Jackson is for machine-to-machine communication or other situations where
command line parsing doesn't work so well.

Are we using these some other way?

Kenn