Hi Eugene,

I'm taking the build update: Maven/Gradle with enforcer + merge of the examples all together.

Regards
JB

On 01/08/2018 07:34 AM, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
The vote on user@ about switching to Java 8 has concluded, affirmatively.

What needs to be done to complete the switch? I can see at least the following:
- Change maven and gradle scripts to use 1.8 source and target version
- Fix resulting compilation/test errors (Java8 has slightly different type checking, more minor issues may arise)
- Remove all special-casing of java8 in build scripts
- Merge all modules like "java8 examples" and "java8 tests" into respective non-"java8" modules - Organize an effort to modernize code to use Java 8 constructs where appropriate. Especially important to modernize examples. To a large extent this can probably be automated with an IDE.

Anything else?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org