+1, is it too late to try to release these as part of the 2.3 release
(to get familiar with the process, no code changes should be needed)?

The wheels are advantageous when running locally (e.g. during testing
and development) where requiring containers will probably be overkill.
This will become especially relevant with the switch to use the
FnApiRunner.

>>> (https://github.com/MacPython/cython-wheels) for building these wheel