I'm working on finding a solution for launching the Nexmark suite with each
runner. This doesn't have to be done via Gradle, but we anyhow need built
artifacts that don't require user classpath intervention.

It looks to me like the examples are also missing this - they have separate
configuration e.g. sparkRunnerPreCommit but that is overspecified compared
to a free-form launching of a main() program with a runner profile.