Hi all,

I did multiple gradle build since last week and I would like to share one of my concern: it's about the communities.

If I think our users won't see any change for them due to Gradle build (I think that most of our users will still use Maven with artifacts provided by Gradle), I'm more concerned by the dev community and the contribution.

Maven is well known and straight forward for a large part of potential contributors. I think we have to keep in mind that we still have to grow up our contributors community.

Today, maybe I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that gradle build is not straight forward (build.gradle includes build_rules.gradle, gathering all taks all together).

I would like to add a task in the gradle "migration" process: simplify the gradle structure and files, and document this.

I know we already have a Jira about the documentation part, but I would like to "polish" and use a clean structure for the Gradle resources. As already quickly discussed, I think that having one gradle file per tasks in the .gradle directory would be helpful.

The goal is really to simplify the contribution.

Do you agree if I add a Jira about "Gradle polish" ?
Thoughts ?

Regards
JB