So I would be strongly in favour of adding it as a branch on the Apache
repo. This way other folks are more likely to be able to help with the
splitting up and merging process and also while Flink forward is behind us
getting in the practice of doing feature branches on the ASF repo for
collaboration instead of personal github accounts seems like a worthy goal.