I love that you are pushing this forward. Just a note on mailing list
practice - I think we might want a round of discussion before declaring a
vote. A vote is a formal thing and this seems a bit more open-ended still.

Couple of thoughts:

- What is the action when an SLO is missed?
- Contributors are definitely encouraged to volunteer for initial reviews.
Helping the community like that is great, and something I'd look at when
considering someone as a potential committer.

Kenn