The use of wiki vs. docs vs. the (repo-backed) website seems to be one of
convenience vs. polish, and totally orthogonal to dev vs. user-facing
stuff.

I'm not opposed to a wiki, but personally I think a lot of our dev-facing
docs (e.g. testing, ptransform style guide, portability overview) benefit
from being in a more polished, permanent form (in particular, have been
improved going through the code review process). Something like the list of
design docs less so. Very technical stuff like asf-site/README.md are IMHO
best put right next to the sources/artifacts they describe.

On the flip side, no need to limit the wiki to contributor-focused
material.