I have to admit I'm generally -1 on moving examples to a separate
repository. In particular, I think it would actually inhibit the
stated goals of increasing visibility and better keeping them up to
date, and for all the reasons we just migrated the beam-site directory
in. It seems the primary motivation is that it's difficult in Java to
have a portion of the repo that depends on another as if it were
"external" (i.e. the way others would use Beam) rather than being a
sub-project of Beam. Is this not doable?