Le jeu. 4 oct. 2018 à 14:53, Maximilian Michels <m...@apache.org> a écrit :

> > We have some hints in the gradle files that used to allow a smooth
> import with no extra steps*. Have the hints gotten out of date or are there
> new hints we can put in that might help?
>
> If you're referring to the `gradle idea` task which generates IntelliJ
> IPR files, that doesn't work anymore. The build is way too involved for
> that too work. We've since removed this from the contribute guide.
>
> There is still the IntelliJ tips page which describes a different
> (non-working) procedure. In the end, you have to fiddle with the project
> setup, i.e. adding the vendor JAR to the classpath where necessary. But
> it breaks as soon as your refresh the Gradle project.
>
> Romain, can you really get it to work out of the box with your method?
> If so, I'd like to contact you for information to update the IntelliJ page.

Yep, worked at least last time I tried. I didn't played much with it but I
assume it is reproducible. Feel free to ping me on slack.

> Note, this is not the first conversation, so we should really fix the
> instructions/describe the workarounds. See also
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c8323622e5de92089ebdfecee09a0e37cae0c631e1bebf06ed9f2bc6@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

The small warn here is that, by design, you will not fix them all since:

1. the IDE must run the script to import the project (which is a big
drawback compared to maven where it can be imported without running any
project code). This small phase easily breaks if you need anything from the
env and beam requires some setup.
2. the script defines a lifecycle the IDE can't respect today cause it is
coded and not always guessable enough
3. running tests in the IDE requires to use the launcher which rebuilds the
whole project model before executing anything which is slow compared to IDE
default launcher which is way better and the one used my most dev
4. the current gradle setup still requires some knowledge about the setup
(like for validates runners which are not "just tests") and there is no
trivial way to make the IDE aware of it until you generate the IDE files
(.idea)