The purpose is that we have a monolithic core today mostly providing
abstract classes.

The idea is to have something more API oriented with interface/SPI.

Our users would then be able to pick the part of the core they want,
resulting with lighter artifacts, and for us, it gives a more flexible
approach.

Regards
JB

--